It is in the words of Mayor Nenshi with “Clean Hands. Clear Heads. Open Hearts” that Made by Momma is navigating the novel coronavirus. We have been through H1N1, the floods of 2013 and the Fort Mac fires. We know that in times of crisis, our city rises up to help those who need it most and this time it is no different. Made by Momma already follows strict cleaning and sanitizing regimens and is increasing frequency and taking extra precautions at the Resource Center to help protect the health and safety of our volunteers and clients. We are also following all government, WHO and AHS guidelines to the highest level.
We do know that our clients need our services now more than ever! Food security and baby essentials become ever more critical and resources become increasingly sparse as supporters self-isolate. Unfortunately, the challenges faced by families in crisis in Calgary did not stop when this new crisis was added and therefore Made by Momma will continue to operate as an essential service in Calgary.
What we ask is the following:
· If you can support, please do so!
· If you can donate, please consider purchasing an item from our Wish List https://madebymomma.org/donated-items/ or making a monetary donation https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/made-by-momma/
· If you are a volunteer and self-isolating, we support that.
· If you are continuing to volunteer and your role brings you to the Resource Center, please know that activities have been modified to reduce contact. Strict procedures are in place and we ask you to diligently follow the directions of your Team Lead.
· Understanding that hours of operation, services and processes may vary as the situation changes.
· Please be patient. We are volunteer-run and doing our best to maintain operations.
At this time, all of our in-person fundraising events have been cancelled or post-postponed. This includes Golf for Girls, likely our casino and several in which we were the charity of choice. We are fortunate in that in celebration of our 10th anniversary, long before we ever could have predicted this pandemic, we opted for a virtual gala. The UnGala is still a go! If you would like to purchase a ticket and join us for some online fun, please join us here http://bit.ly/mbmungala2020
We thank you for your continued support and know that even when circumstances keep us physically apart, we continue to rise stronger together. #YYCstrong
President, Made by Momma