This year more than ever before we are going to need the help of our community to make sure struggling families are supported through the holidays.
Please consider supporting one of our Christmas Programs!
* Adopt-a-Momma for Christmas
* Santa’s Workshop
* Holiday Food Hampers & our 12 CANS till Christmas Food Drive
Click here for a quick PDF Info Sheet on our 3 Christmas Programs!
Adopt-a-Momma for Christmas: This program is to help the families that we are already supporting through trying times and do not have the means to have a special holiday. Our program matches our families in need with generous sponsors – families, businesses or organizations. Sponsors take on the responsibility of providing the holiday preparations for a family – this usually includes presents, special treats, non-perishable food, gift cards etc. Sponsoring a family costs roughly $150-$200 per person/family size. (we may also include families that are referred from other agencies that didn’t make it into other programs in time)
MORE INFO: Adopt-a-Momma for Christmas
Santa’s Workshop: If sponsoring an entire family is too large of a financial or time commitment, please consider giving to our Made by Momma families in other ways. Every year we receive last minute referrals or requests for assistance from families experiencing crisis situations. This often happens long after we have matched all of our families up through our Adopt-a-Momma program – right up until Christmas Eve. Many times this is because a mother has fled a situation of abuse and had to leave their “Christmas” behind. Our goal is to ensure that every child wakes up on Christmas morning with special gifts to open. We try and help these families have a great holiday however we can – and you can help us make sure no mother or child is forgotten this year.
If you are interested in supporting a specific Santa’s Workshop Family and donate items on their wish-lists – please look at our WISH LISTS HERE!
The following items are MOST NEEDED for Santa’s Workshop & emergency requests:
– Gift Cards – Grocery, Gas, Department, Clothing, Toy, Book, and Home Improvement Stores etc. Did you know you can purchase Gift Cards online through our FundScrip Program!?
– NEW Children’s Toys – Unwrapped (geared for kids 2+, tweens & teens)
– NEW Books (kids 4+ to teen)
– NEW Children’s Clothing (sizes 2 – 16)
– NEW Children’s Pajama’s (sizes 6 – 16)
– NEW Winter Jackets (kids & adult sizes)
– NEW Socks, Underwear (sizes 2 – 16)
– NEW Unopened Toiletries & Personal Care Items
– NEW Household Items
– NEW Christmas decorations, trees, wrapping paper, ribbons, tags & tape
– Cash Donations are always welcome, and those over $20 qualify for a charitable tax receipt.
* ALL donated items for Santa’s Worksop must be new
Santa’s Workshop and Holiday Donations Needed
Holiday Food Hampers & our 12 CANs till Christmas Food Drive: Our hope is to ensure that every family we help receives a non-perishable food hamper for Christmas and a grocery gift card to purchase a turkey/fresh veggies. We challenge every one of our supporters to collect at least 12 CANS from now until Christmas and donate them to the Made by Momma Pantry! Join our 12 CANs Till Christmas Food Drive Facebook challenge HERE!
MORE INFO: 12 CANs till Christmas Food Drive
Please let us know if you would like a cardboard donation bin or an acrylic cash donation box to collect donated items/cash at your office!
Build a complete Food Hamper!
Print off our Hamper Checklist and go shopping! Holiday Hampers Check List
What goes in a Made by Momma Non-perishable Holiday Food Hamper?
For information on our Christmas programs or to register as a sponsor, please email adoptamomma @ madebymomma.org (NO SPACES)