More Local Resources
Local Support Groups and Professional Services
* Hospice Calgary – Provide support to men, women and children whose lives have been altered by death
* Kara Program – Catholic Community of Caring program for pregnant and parenting students of the Calgary Catholic School District. Students are able to continue their high school education while receiving the support of teachers, counselors, social workers and nurses
* Children’s Cottage Society – Provides support services to families during times of crisis including Crisis Nursery, Family Shelter, Respite Care and Family Support
* Dr. Evelyn Jain, MD, CCFP, IBCLC, Lakeview Breastfeeding Clinic, 70-3915 51 Street Southwest, Calgary, AB T3E 6N1, (403) 246-7076. Dr. Jain is a physician and certified lactation consultant.
* Most public health nurses are very knowledgeable about breastfeeding. In addition, many are certified lactation consultants!
* International Lactation Consultant Association – click here to find a lactation consultant
Breast Pump Rental
Wee Feed – Baby Feeding Supplies and Resources, located in Calgary
Quick, Healthy Meal Options for Busy Mothers
* Spoon Fed Soup – Offer a new menu every week and delivery available to some areas
* Spud.ca – Online ordering and home delivery of organic produce and wholesome groceries
Spud! has very generously offered to give $5 off your first three orders and $10 off your fourth order if you sign up on their page and enter promo code CRCAL-ANDASA. What a great offer!
* Copper Pot Creations – Healthy, tasty meals that can be ordered online and delivered to your home
* Dashing Dishes – Quickly prepare and take home dozens of healthy, tasty meals to freeze
* Sunterra Market – Offer online ordering and home delivery of groceries with an $8 delivery fee
* Simple Simon Pies – Tasty savoury and dessert pies at reasonable prices
* Wild Horse Bistro – Catering, pre-baked goods and mixes (muffin mixes are a personal favorite!)
* The Main Dish – Dine in or take out, healthy essentials menu, catering
* The Stock and Sauce Co.- Wonderful stocks, soups and sauces, many of them gluten-free, vegetarian or vegan. Owned by parents of EIGHT children!
* Chakula – Entree kits that allow you to make a hassle-free gourmet meal. Delivery available.
* Cooking for you – Healthy meals in a hurry! Main dish meals, sides, gluten-free, vegetarian meals etc. Prepared meals delivered to your home!
Groups, Activities and Social Events for Women and Mothers
* GirlTalk Events – GirlTalk provides women-only events ranging from nights out to weekends away. They are a chance to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones
* Calgary Moms – Get to know local moms and mothers-to-be. Get information on playgroups, playdates, moms nights out, parents night out, club events, retreats, fitness challenges and more
* Calgary Newcomers Club – Offers group activities for women of all ages, so that women who are new to the city can socialize and make new friends.
Classes and Programs for Children
* Room to Grow – Offer a wide variety of classes and programs for infants, young children and their families